Smoking Ban in Restaurant is a good regulation for human being
My group wanted to know opinions of restaurant and bar owners about smoking ban in restaurant. So, I went to the “Kahala” restaurant in Carbondale downtown after lunchtime because I need to interview. I asked the waiter for some food, and then I asked the owner for an interview. However, I was rejected in my interview because that restaurant was very busy, so I waited for the owner for my interview over 1 hour. Owner’s son gave an interview to me. He said, “I don’t care a bit about smoking ban because it doesn’t affect my restaurant”. He said to me that a more important thing is taste of food and clean area than smoking ban. In addition, he said that “my restaurant doesn’t have a special place for smokers and I don’t want to make a special place for smokers because I don’t smoke”. Finally, he claimed that smoking ban is a good rule because most people don’t like smoke and people want to eat and rest in a restaurant with a fresh air. However, he said that bars should have different rules from restaurants because bar is a merrymaking place. Therefore, he doesn’t care about the smoking ban, but he completely agrees with the smoking ban in public spaces.
In my opinion, owners in most restaurants are very busy, so I didn’t get a lot of time. In addition, we should make appointment for some interview in a restaurant. I’m a smoker so I don’t like the smoking ban; however, I also completely agree that we need the smoking ban in restaurants for people. Smoking ban in restaurants can make more human health and more fresh air. Therefore, I think that smoking ban in restaurant and public spaces is a good policy for human beings and our children.
Information:
Restaurant - Kahala
Date - 2008, February 20
Time - 3 : 50 pm
Interview : Owner's Son (manager)
Labels: Tez

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home