Survey report
Alya Albazie
My hypothesis is about smoking. Smoking is a great danger that affects peoples’ lives not only smokers themselves, but also people who are around them. The subject is smoking parents, and how that constitutes a danger for children. It is very important issue to discuss to reach to solutions to decrease. In addition, my hypothesis is “Students who have parents, who smoke are more likely to start smoking”. I was very interested in knowing how the others can influence someone even if they are his parents. My group members are Atigah, Majed, Sooma and I. I have had all my survey’s questions at the Student Center. Also, I collected around 12 surveys. It was a good feeling to communicate with others, and found all people were nice and very helpful.
In my survey, I asked many people from both genders. Really, when I asked those people, they were kind and gentle. They were smiling, when I asked them to fill out my questionnaire. They were very welcoming. My group and I quested in our survey 47 Americans (14 females, 33males). We used demographic and Yes/No questions to know how those questions and answers were related with our hypothesis. In the survey, I found very interesting thing when men answered that they can quit any time they want, but women said no. We found the majority of views about parents who are smoking and there is an effect on their children, around 80% among our respondents. Moreover, more than 88% said that their fathers, mothers or both are smokers. Therefore, we knew that if parents are smokers, they will affect their children absolutely. We had more than 88% respondents, who illustrated that they tried smoking before, and they did not have rules for smoking in their houses. The result that we got, we knew that our survey supported and explained that there was an effect from parents on their children because they saw them their example. Furthermore, the great influence from parents, I used many articles to support my claim that the surrounding will affect on teenagers even from inside the house or outside. I learned how smoking is a great danger, which can hurt everyone than the smokers themselves, or people who are around them.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home