Sunday, September 24, 2006

Group Seeks to Extinguish Carbondale Smoking

In the article, “Group Seeks to Extinguish Carbondale Smoking,” is about smoking, such as how much second hand smoke effects to people who don’t smoke, how much increase risk of cause diseases, and people, who are bars and restaurants owner, argue what they thought. People who don’t smoke are affected by second hand smoke and number of people is 126 million according to one guy. Risk of increase heart disease is 25 to 30 percents, and risk of increase lung cancer is 20 to 30 percent. Some owners think that they’re worried about decreasing their earnings by smoke-free ban. So, they think that it’s difficult to set the ban in their business. But, they also think that if they set the ban, they could protect customer who don’t smoke or their employees.

I think bar and restaurant owners should not set the smoke free ban because I think they just separate the place and just ask customers when they come, “do you smoke?, or something like that. Maybe, they now do this style, but I think this is the best way to solve this problem because they can get earn as well as so far and customers won’t argue them about smoke-free. That’s why I think they don’t have to set this ban. I know second hand smoke is too bad and cause some diseases to people who don’t smoke. However, this is the world. Customer know that if they go to the bar or restaurant, at least few people smoke their. That’s why non-smoker should be patient about this problem.

Masa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home